Thursday, September 2, 2010

Poor Mint Plant... Poor Boys...

Early this morning while I was setting the times on all my sprinklers, I was looking around my back yard and thanking God for each and every small little blessing he has recently given me.


My three precious little chicken AND the material to build their little yard AND that at least two are already laying.

The rabbit that Marcus has a pet to take care of and feels included when his brothers are doing their chores AND that it is making me a beautiful big fertalized area where my garden will be next year. For my newly installed sprinkler system that I put in all by myself!!!! That I finally got it right and that it covers every square inch of my back yard including all flower beds :) I am thrilled to peices about that one....

As I was admiring God for all the little things in life that make me smile, I noticed my newly transplanted mint plants... :( not doing so well. In fact they were flat out wilting and probably done for. I wanted to save them from the chickens so I moved them from the chicken pen to a small flower bed that receives NO sunlight, thus no ability to draw up its necessary water, hence why it is not going to make it.

I began to reflex on that and thought that (here is a little honesty so don't judge me too hard please ) I feel like I have kept my boys from the world with good intentions, to protect and shelter them. (like protecting the mint from the chickens) But in moving them to the protection of my home only I feel like they don't get enough sunshine (the poor mint being in the shade) I guess it feels like I need to smile at them a lot more, laugh with them, tickle, and just PLAY with them. I have begun to let life sweep me along again. I have also forgotten to include friends for them to play with, grow up with, and safely learn that there does exist other like minded, christian, "safe" friends which we can let our guard down around. My boys seem like life is just a bit boring, or dull or missing that spice and joy that friends put in it. (the mint needed to be planted in full sun in another area of the yard)

I want to make their life one to look back on and say "we had a BLAST together" even if it is doing the chores, do it all in fun :) I want them to not just live, I want them to THRIVE!!!!!

No comments: