Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blue Rose Dress for Victoria


This is the first dress I have ever made. I have done a variety of crafting, crocheting being my favorite, but this is the first time making a dress. I am so proud of it! It has a soft yellow matterial covered in small blue roses, then I lined the ENTIRE thing with light blue material. I figured it was winter time and I'm tired of layering Victoria in so many under clothes. I'd rather just have a few thicker dresses, and only need to put a shirt , tights and bloomers on underneath, rather than 3 shirts, etc.
I've never done a button hole in my life either, there are five going down the front of this. They look so nice! I discovered what 3 more buttons on my sewing machine are for: button holes... LOL.
Then I put a long tie on either side for a pretty bow on the back. The pattern didn't have this but I felt like the dress was way too big and needed to be adjustable, because I also made it floor length on her, so she'll have lots of room to grow! It also asked for a collar in the pattern but I didn't know if I liked it or not so I left it off. I love it!!

What have you been up to? What project have you finished lately, or are close to finishing? I'd love to hear... That was my fun for the month... now back to school and cleaning

No comments: