Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today...We Cooked Pumpkins (Tuesday)


A good friend of mine gave one of her beautiful pumpkins. We left it outside for the past week or so for decoration, but I noticed that it feels like frost to me outside and we'd better bring it in and cook it up if we were going to get to eat it... yummmy....



So I showed them a different way to cook it, cut it in half. Scoop the seeds out. Peel it, chop it up in to cubes, boil it.
Marcus really enjoyed his job of scooping out the seeds. Which of course we rinsed, dried and are storing for next year's garden. I want to see if they turn out so beautiful for me!
These wonderful boys are growing into such good helpers!! They could do everthing but use the knife to chop them up. They scooped, washed, peeled and cleaned up! I just love noting how much more they can do this year compared to last year :)

So much fun working together, next up I'll tell ya all the yummy things we cooked up from this single wonderful pumpkin.

No comments: