Friday, November 5, 2010

Sloppy Joes

We made sloppy Joes last night. I have to admit, we are a Manwich family. I have tried making this a few different way and nothing tastes as good as Manwich. I just wanted to share the few ideas that I have to really make this a nicer dinner.


1. I wash and slice potatoes into strips, toss in olive oil, seasoning salt and salt. Broil till brown.
aprx 10mins, stir, 10 more mins.
2. I brown the g.beef and add the can of manwich, plus a little extra ketchup if it seems a little "thick". To this I add some canned/frozen veggies: corn or peas are great.
3. While potatoes are baking, I lay out the buns on a cooking sheet. Pile on the sloppy joe mixture onto the bottom bun.
4. Add lots of yummy shredded cheese to both sides of the bun, top half and on sloppy joe mixture.
5. Put cooked potatoes on bottom rack.
6. Broil the bun tray till cheese is melted ~ apx 3 min, watch closely!

Serve hot! This is a yummy treat for us.... enjoy!

No comments: